A Message from the Mayor and Commission
Wednesday, July 1, 4 pm
Tamarac’s City Manager issued Emergency Order 2020-04, which goes into effect today. It requires all City parks to close on July 4, 2020. Additional highlights include:
• It allows the City’s pool to open to the public on July 6, 2020, in accordance with the rules, restrictions and social distancing guidelines in the Broward County Emergency Order 20-12. Please note, the City’s water playground, slide and splash pad will remain closed.
• It confirms that all City-owned parks will be open to the public as in the previous order with some amendments, including that picnic shelters will remain closed, up to four people may use tennis courts and that City parks will close on July 4. Broward County guidelines must be followed.
• It enables the City to waive fees and certain regulatory requirements for food truck usage by existing restaurants impacted by COVID-19. Requirements for these provisions are detailed in the order. Businesses must submit requests for approval in advance.
Except for these amendments, the new Emergency Order extends and ratifies items in Emergency Order 2020-03 for another 60 days. This includes allowing local businesses to utilize temporary banners and signs and restaurants to use additional outdoor seating beyond the City’s Code, after obtaining City approval. The full order can be read at https://www.tamarac.org/TamaracEO2020.04. Local businesses interested in taking advantage of any of the relief efforts in the Order can email Frank.Zickar@Tamarac.org.
The pool hours that will go into effect on Monday, July 6, include a morning session from 10 am – noon, and an afternoon session from 1 – 3 pm. The pool will be open Monday through Saturday. The City has increased cleaning protocols and is implementing new procedures to keep swimmers safe. Only 30 people can use the pool at a time, only credit card payments will be accepted for admission and swimmers will be allowed to purchase only one session per day. The pool reopening guidelines are available at www.Tamarac.org/PoolReopeningGuidelines, and you can call (954) 597-3660 with questions.
The City will continue offering FREE walk-up COVID-19 testing in partnership with the Department of Health through July 31. The testing site at Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Dr., is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 am – 4 pm. You must wear a mask and show ID. Appointments are not being accepted at this time.
Upcoming Feeding South Florida food distribution events in Tamarac include:
• Wednesday, July 8, 9 – 11 am, Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Saturday, July 11, 9 – 11 am, Korean United Methodist Church, 6501 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Wednesday, July 15, 9 – 11 am, Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Saturday, July 18, 9 – 11 am, Korean United Methodist Church, 6501 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Monday, July 20, 9 – 11 am, Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Saturday, July 25, 9 – 11 am, Korean United Methodist Church, 6501 W. Commercial Blvd.
The City of Tamarac is a public entity subject to Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes concerning public records. Email messages are covered under Chapter 119 and are thus subject to public records disclosure. All email messages sent and received are captured by our server and retained as public records.
7525 NW 88 Avenue Tamarac Florida 33321Unsubscribe