A Message from the Mayor and Commission
Thursday, May 7, 4 pm
We thank everyone for following social distancing and face covering guidelines while enjoying the allowed uses of City parks. Starting Monday, May 11, we are extending park hours to 8 am – 7:30 pm.
As part of our continued social distancing efforts, next week’s City Commission meeting will be conducted virtually. It’s at 9:30 am on Wednesday, May 13. The public can watch it on the City’s website at www.Tamarac.org/CityCommissionMeetings or Facebook Live (City of Tamarac page), and participate by submitting comments in the following ways:
• Email comments to CityClerk@Tamarac.org. Those that take three minutes or less to read out loud will be read into the record. All submissions will be made part of the public record.
• Submit comments online during the meeting through Facebook Live.
• Sign up to comment via telephone by registering at https://www.Tamarac.org/SignUp. You’ll be contacted by phone at the appropriate time during the meeting to give your comments.
For additional information about watching or participating in the meeting, contact the Clerk’s office at (954) 597-3505 or CityClerk@Tamarac.org.
Following is a list of upcoming Feeding South Florida food distribution events in Tamarac:
• Saturday, May 9, 8 – 11 am. Korean United Methodist Church, 6501 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Wednesday, May 13, 9 – 11 am. Christian Life Center, 2699 W. Commercial Blvd.
• Saturday, May 16, 8 – 11 am. Korean United Methodist Church, 6501 W. Commercial Blvd.
The City has received numerous calls about the reopening of pools in multi-family developments. Last week, Broward County issued an order allowing these pools, as well as other recreational venues like parks and golf courses, to reopen with restrictions.
It is the individual housing development’s responsibility to reopen the pools in multi-family developments. They must follow requirements in the County order, which include ensuring that pools are only used by residents of the development. In addition, the CDC’s 6-foot social distancing guidelines must be followed, and pools must be supervised by housing development employees or designated individuals. They must also be sanitized on a regular basis. Pools and pool decks are limited to 50% capacity or less.
For more details on the County’s requirement, read the County’s Emergency Order 20-08 at https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/EmergencyOrder20-08.pdf.
The City of Tamarac is a public entity subject to Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes concerning public records. Email messages are covered under Chapter 119 and are thus subject to public records disclosure. All email messages sent and received are captured by our server and retained as public records.
7525 NW 88 Avenue Tamarac Florida 33321Unsubscribe