Matthew is expected to have impacts on Broward county starting early Thursday morning and extending through mid-day Friday. No widespread flooding is forecast, but the probability of tropical storm force winds and/or hurricane force winds exists.
As a result, City offices will be closed tomorrow and Friday, including the Community and Recreation Centers. While regular services and operations will be suspended during this time period, City employees will work Friday and through the weekend, if necessary, to restore the City to full operations as quickly as possible.
As always, call 911 for emergency service. For storm information, call (954) 718-1800 for recorded updates. Our hurricane hotline (954) 597-3800 will also be activated during the storm. You can sign up to receive free CodeRED emergency notifications by visiting www.tamarac.org and clicking on the CodeRED Registration link on the left side of the page.
The following events and activities have been postponed or cancelled:
• Food Truck Event is cancelled.
• Pool at Caporella Aquatic Complex closes at 6 pm and will be closed through Monday. Swim lessons cancelled and Swim Team activities after 6 pm are cancelled.
• Waste Management garbage collection is suspended on Thursday.
• Red Light Camera hearings are rescheduled for Oct. 27 at 2 pm.
• City buses including the Red Route, Red Route Extension and Para-transit are suspended through Friday.
• Tamarac Chamber Meeting on Proposed Penny Sales Tax has been rescheduled to Oct. 13 at the Colony West Golf Club
• Neighborhood Meeting on Proposed Penny Sales Tax has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• Colony West Golf Club closed.
• Movie in the Park is cancelled.
• Community Garage Sale is cancelled.
• Youth Basketball is cancelled.