- City Commission
- Vice Mayor - Marlon D. Bolton (Dist. 1)
Vice Mayor - Marlon D. Bolton (District 1)
Vice Mayor Marlon D. Bolton is an award winning Commissioner who was elected to the Tamarac City Commission in 2016 and re-elected in November 2020 by an overwhelming 74% of the votes. Commissioner Bolton holds a Bachelors Degree in Public Safety Management. He also attended Florida Atlantic University, where he underwent training in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Bolton is a Pastor and a Florida Supreme Court Certified County Court Meditator. Commissioner Bolton is a dedicated father and husband, a committed policy-maker, and an advocate and fighter for good government. As a leader, Bolton has sought to ensure Tamarac residents’ needs are met and that Tamarac realizes it’s potential as a solid residential community with a lot to offer. He has been outspoken on issues of fiscal responsibility, community-building, local business development, equality, public safety, and other issues that affect Tamarac’s quality of life.
Here are some more of Commissioner Marlon Bolton’s personal accomplishments:
- Board Member, Broward County Community Action Agency (Present)
- Board Member, Aviation Advisory Board, Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (2016 - Present)
- Member, National Black Caucus of Local and Elected Officials, NBC-LEO, (2016-Present)
- Member, Broward League of Cities, Youth Leadership Committee (2017, 2018)
- Member, Florida League of Cities, Municipal Administration Committee (2017, 2018)
- Member, National League of Cities, Public Safety and Crime Prevention Committee (2017)
- Facilitator, Tamarac Citizenship Clinic (Past)
- Volunteer, City of Fort Lauderdale, Parks and Recreation Department (2014 – 2016)
- Volunteer, University of Miami, School of Law (2016)
- Volunteer, Relay for Life, American Cancer Society, (Past)
- Lead, Human Trafficking Summit in partnership with representatives from Best Human Trafficking and the Department of Homeland Security (Past)
Professional Affiliations/ Experience
- Mediator, Florida Supreme Court Certified County Court Mediator, (Present)
- Commissioner, City of Tamarac (2016 - Present)
- Vice Mayor, City of Tamarac (2019-2020)
- President, Forecast Holdings, LLC (2014 - Present)
- Senior Pastor, Praise Experience Church (2014 – Present)
- Banker, Wachovia Bank, Aventura, FL, (Past)
- Quality Assurance Supervisor, Teleperformance, N. Lauderdale, (Past)
- Paralegal, Aldridge Connors, LLP, Delray Beach, (Past)
- Power Player Award, named among the top 25 most powerful leaders in South Florida, as published in the Florida International Magazine (April 2010)
- Honoree, The Town of Pembroke Park (February 2017)
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Hon., Distinction, Public Safety Management, Miami Dade College
- Associate of Arts, Hon., Mass Communication, Miami Dade College
- Budgeting and Accounting, Intergovernmental Relationships in Florida et al., Institute for Elected Municipal Officials
- Anti-Money Laundering Certification
- Video Production, Media Technology Institute, CPTC
Here are some of the initiatives my colleagues and I have accomplished as your Commissioner:
✓ Created One Tamarac Multicultural Festival.
✓ Created “Light Up the East” Holiday Event at Caporella Park.
✓ Created the Tamarac Tax Summit with Broward County Property Appraiser Marty Kiar.
✓ Passed an ordinance providing an additional $25,000 tax exemption to our low income Seniors.
✓ Passed an ordinance ensuring Baby Changing Tables in Men’s bathrooms.
✓ Created the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Commission on the Status of Women, ensuring women equality and fair treatment.
✓ Advocated for buffer walls throughout the District.
✓ Advocated for new entry way signage throughout District 1.
✓ Provided over $1.4 million dollars in First Time Home Buyer and Home Rehabilitation Grants.
✓ Acquired land adjacent to Caporella Park at Prospect Road to expand the parking capacity and use.
✓ Budgeted $35 million dollars to fix water infrastructure, pave roads, beautify our community, to upgrade parks and build the City’s first community center on the eastside of town.
✓ Fought alongside lawmakers in Tallahassee and Washington and brought back over $5.5 million dollars to fund initiatives in Tamarac.
✓ Worked with FDOT to beautify Commercial Blvd.
✓ Advocated for the Little Library concept, providing free story and text books for our young residents.
✓ Provided over $500,000 to Tamarac residents during the COVID-19 pandemic to save their homes and rebuild their lives.