Caporella Aquatic Center
The Aquatic Center
Enjoy the Caporella Aquatic Center amenities! The amenities include a 25 yard x 25 meter swimming pool with zero depth entry and avalanche slide, children's water playground (Sprayground), 3,000 square foot fitness room, men and women's locker rooms, picnic tables, chairs, large pavilion, and concession stand. The facility is located adjacent to Challenger Elementary and Millennium Middle Schools at, 9300 NW 58 Street, Tamarac, FL 33321
Pavilion rentals are also available at the Aquatic Center!
The Aquatic Center will beclosed to ALL activities, including water aerobics, swim lesson, and swim teamuse from Thursday, January 31- Sunday, February 17, 2019, as the pool deck getsresurfaced. During this time, fitness center members will have limited lockerroom access and the TS Aquatic will relocate to the North Lauderdale AquaticCenter.
Normal hours are:
Monday - Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Slide and sprayground:
Monday - Friday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Sundays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding summer, when hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily)
The pool is closed during the months of December, January, and February and reopens in March through to November.
Daily Fees (shown as resident/non-resident)
- Adults - $3.75/$4.25
- Senior/Student/Military - $2.75/$3.25
- Child 12 & under - $2.50/$3.00
Splash Cards Fees (10 visits)
- Adults - $33.75/$38.25
- Senior/Student/Military - $24.75/$29.25
- Child 12 & under - $22.50/$27.00
- Adults - $79.50
- Senior/Student/Military - $63.60
- Child 12 & under - $53.00
NEW/UPCOMING PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Operation Swim - Saturday, May 18, 2019
Be safe in and around the water! Join us for water activities, learn to swim techniques, survival basics, games and more. This free event, Operation Swim, will be held Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. at the Caporella Aquatic Center.
Summer Luau Splash Bach - Sunday, June 9, 2019
Kick off the summer at the Summer Luau Splash Bash. Enjoy music, games, and fun activities for the family. Concession stand will be open--cash only. Event is in partnership with Jeff Ellis Management. Pool entrance fees: Children $4.50; Adults: $5.00.
Patriotic Splash Swim Party - Thursday, July 4, 2019
Let your patriotic spirit stay cool and beat the heat at the Patriotic Splash Swim Party while enjoying swimming, music, kids arts & crafts, and a cool treat. Fun for the whole family. Concession stand will be open--cash only. Pool entrance fees: Children $4.50; Adults: $5.00.
- Water Exploration and Safety - Ages 1-2 years with a parent. This class is an introduction to water safety and basic water skills for both parent and child. It is not a swim lesson the class is meant to allow the child to explore the water in a supervised and fun environment with the guidance of the instructor and parent
- Parent & Preschool - Ages 2-4 with a parent. The objective is to help studentsfeel comfortable in the water while mom or dad is at their side. Students willlearn elementary water skills that they can build on as they progress throughthe various swim levels.
- Tot - Designed for children ages 3-5 years old. Introduction to water safety skills.
- Level 1 - Designed for children ages 5 years and older with minimal lesson experience. Participants will learn independent submersion, kicking, arm padding, floating, jumping, water adaption, blowing bubbles, underwater recovery, safe water entry and exit, water safety skills.
- Level 2 - Designed for children ages 5 years and older who have passed Level 1 skills and/or are older in age without past swimming experience. They will improve upon Level 1 skills while learning foundational swimming skills, such as; front crawl stroke, elementary backstroke, floating, glides, surface dives.
- Adult Level 1 - Designed for ages 13 and older. Participants will learn foundational swimming skills, such as; front float, back float, basic freestyle, backstroke, and endurance work.
All classes must have a minimum of four students to be held and will have a maximum of 6 students per class. Classes have a maximum of 12 students per level.
- Swim tests are required by all new participants prior to registration.
- A birth certificate is required for all new participants registering for Tot Level classes.
- Evening classes run 2x per week, 8 sessions in total. Saturday classes run 1x per week, 8 sessions in total.
Splash into FUN with our Swim Schedule.
Proactive Arthritis Water Exercise Classes
Find comfort in the soothing waters of the Caporella Aquatic Center. Work on balance and coordination while increasing range of motion, joint flexibility, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness without causing strain. No swimming experience necessary.
- Fee is free to Senior Program Members and $4.00 for non-program members
- Classes are held Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:30 am to 10:30 am (spring/summer schedule) or 10-11:00 a.m. (regular schedule)
- Proactive Arthritis Water Exercise flyer
Tamarac Swim Team
TS Aquatics offers a competitive swim team program for children ages 5-18 at the Caporella Aquatic Complex. Free tryouts are held Monday-Thursday, between 5-7 p.m. For additional information, please email or visit tsaquatics.com.