Community Shuttle Service
Modified routes effective Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
The Red route will run from 7 am to 4 pm (Monday through Friday) and the Red Extension will operate from 9 am to 2 pm on Thursday only. No fares will be collected, however riders making connections to BCT routes are expected to pay the appropriate fares. All passengers must wear a mask or face covering while riding and only 10 passengers per trip. For questions, please call 954-597-3649.
Buses operate as close to schedule as possible, although traffic conditions may cause the bus to arrive slightly early or late. Please allow yourself enough time when traveling. There is no service when under a hurricane warning.
Title VI Notice of Protections
- The City of Tamarac operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Broward County Transit.
- For more information on the City of Tamarac’s civil rights program or to obtain a copy of the City of Tamarac Title VI Program Plan, contact the Director of Human Resources at 954-597-3601, Hearing Impaired: Florida Relay 1(800)955-8770 (Voice) or 1(800)-955-8771(TTY).
- For more information on Title VI procedures, to file a complaint and/or obtain a complaint form contact Broward County Transit (BCT) at (954) 357-8481, TTY (954) 357-8302, or visit BCT’s website at https://www.broward.org/BCT/Pages/TitleVI.aspx . You may also request information in writing to the Broward County Transportation Department, Transit Manager - Compliance, 1 North University Drive, 3100A, Plantation, FL 33324.
- If information is needed in another language, contact (954) 357-8481, TTY (954) 357-8302.
- View Spanish and Creole version here.
Time Your Ride
Tamarac is making it easier and more convenient to use our community shuttle buses by offering tracking services with the Ride System mobile app. It works with the City’s red and red extension transit routes.
Click on https://ridetamarac.ridesystems.net for Ride Systems. Download the free app to your smartphone, then select “Ride Tamarac”. Once you’ve done that, you can take a quick tour to learn how to find real-time bus locations and estimated arrival times, mark favorite stops for quick reference, and set up notifications and reminders telling you when the bus will arrive at your stop.
You can also opt to receive a text message providing the next two times the bus will be at your stop. Send a text message to 41411 with the stop ID for which you want to receive notifications. You’ll find a list of stop IDs here.
There is no service on Saturday, Sunday, or the following holidays observed by the City of Tamarac: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
The Tamarac Community Shuttle Service provides connections to BCT Routes 2, 11, 18, 55, 62 and 88, University Breeze, 441 Breeze, Lauderdale Lakes North-South Community Shuttle, and Lauderhill Route 4 Community Shuttle. BCT information is available online.
We are pleased to offer the full Tamarac Transit brochure featuring the Community Bus Service Route and Timetable.
*Google Transit Maps does not include Tamarac’s routes.