Minor Home Repair Program
2021 Open Enrollment
August 16, 2021 @ 8 a.m.
Please READ and follow the instructions carefully on how to apply - Applications will be accepted ONLINE only
The 2021 Owner-Occupied Minor Home Repair Program will utilize the first-come-first-ready-first-served system. Applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted.
The owner-occupied Minor Home Repair Program will assist homeowners with home repairs to correct health and safety hazards, as well as address any building or code deficiencies of owner occupied properties.
A fee of $35, to cover the cost associated with satisfying the lien placed on your property as a result of participating in this program, will be required from all applicants at the time of contract signing.
- Applicants must meet the income requirements set by grant funding source(s).
- Property must be located within the City of Tamarac.
- Applicants required to sign Recapture Loan Document(s).
- Must be able to verify income and assets.
- This property must be primary residence and homesteaded.
2021 Program Maximum Income Limits per Number of Household Members
Housing Program Contact
For more information regarding the Home Rehabilitation Program, please contact the Housing Division at 7525 NW 88th Avenue Room 206, Tamarac, FL 33321-2401
NOTE: Applications will be available ONLY via the website.
You will be directed to the Application Website, please CAREFULLY read and follow the instructions.
Section 3 Policy
Section 3 - Vicinity Hiring Plan
Section 3 - Resident Certification
Section 3 - Business Self-Certification
Funding Sources for the City of Tamarac HOME Rehabilitation program are as follows:
- Federal - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds
- County/Federal - Broward County Housing Finance and Community Development Division- HOME Funds
- State - Florida Housing Finance Corporation- State Housing Initiatives Program (SHIP) Funds
Please be advised that funding availability is dependent upon funding award from respective funding sources. Assignment of funding source is determined at income certification of eligible applicants.
It is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, familial status, national origin, or disability.
The City of Tamarac complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a disabled person requiring any accommodations or assistance, please view our ADA Notice for additional information
Documents are available in Spanish upon request.