Residential Assistance Program
2023 RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The GAP Rental Assistance Program is designed to assist residents facing a rent increase to bridge the gap between an applicant’s income and the cost of rent.
GAP Rental Assistance Program applicants cannot exceed 80% AMI. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The program will remain open until funds are exhausted. Rental assistance payments will be made directly to the landlord. The applicant must obtain a W-9 form from the landlord for the City to facilitate payment. If you are currently receiving benefits from any other agency, you are NOT eligible to apply for this program. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- State-Issued Photo ID for applicant, co-applicant, and household members 18 years of age and older (must be current with City of Tamarac address)
- Proof of Number of Dependents (birth certificate, school record, court-ordered letter of guardianship, divorce decree, or letter of adoption)
- Current, signed lease agreement and previous signed lease agreement
- Monthly balance report/ledger showing months and amounts outstanding IF ANY (from landlord)
- W-9 completed and signed by landlord (applications can NOT be processed without)
CAREFULLY read and follow the instructions on the application website, Neighborly.
Click here to Stay Connected so that you can be notified when our Housing Assistance Program is reopened
The City of Tamarac complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a disabled person requiring any accommodations or assistance, please view our ADA Notice for additional information
Documents are available in Spanish upon request