Reopened Facilities Guidelines
Tamarac is officially reopening its buildings to the public on June 1
As a courtesy to staff and others, we ask visitors to voluntarily wear facial coverings while inside our facilities, especially if they are not fully vaccinated. Additional plastic barriers, hand sanitizing stations and floor markers promoting social distancing have been added at many of our locations. Facilities are sanitized regularly to keep everyone safe.
Signs at each facility outline new guidelines for our guests. Below are some additional details for specific City buildings and programs.
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Building Department is now using the “Mobile Check In” app to create a virtual line for services. Visitors can scan the QR Code displayed outside the Building Department’s offices or visit the Google Play or Apple App Store to download it in advance. Once the app is downloaded, users can follow the on-screen instructions to set up a user profile.
To join the virtual line, tap the Mobile Check In app icon on your smartphone. Guests must be within 1/4 mile of the Tamarac Building Department to get in line.
A confirmation text will follow, identifying your place in line and outlining all required safety procedures for your visit. When it’s your turn, a text message will arrive notifying you of your five-minute window to buzz-in at the main entry door, where a staff member will greet you.
Tamarac’s “Mobile Check In” App only operates during business hours.
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Many departments are limiting the number of visitors that can come into their lobbies at the same time. Floor markers promoting social distancing have been added outside of their entrances where guests can line up for services.
Commission meetings, which are now being held in the Commission Chamber at City Hall, can also be watched live or on demand at www.Tamarac.org/CommissionMeetings.
Parks and Recreation Facilities and Programming
Hours of Operation by Facility
- Tamarac Community Center: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tamarac Recreation Center: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Caporella Aquatic Complex: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.– 3 p.m.
- Caporella Fitness Center: Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Facility Room Rentals
Room rentals are available for the following types of meetings with room capacities based on CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Homeowner Association Meetings
- Business Meetings
- Veteran Meetings
- Board Meetings
- Shelter rentals are available; reservations can be made online at www.Tamarac.me/Webtrac.
Adult Fitness Classes
- Capacity is limited, so pre-registration is required. The deadline is one day before the class. Visit www.Tamarac.org/Parks for registration instructions and class schedules. Registration is available at www.Tamarac.me/Webtrac.
- Classes will be offered in a hybrid format with limited capacity in-person attendees. Classes will also be available via Zoom.
- Pre-registration is required. The deadline is one day before the class. Visit www.Tamarac.org/Parks for registration instructions and class schedules. Registration is available at www.Tamarac.me/Webtrac.
- A limited capacity camp (175 children) summer camp will be offered at the Recreation Center from June 21 – August 6; hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Special events at the Caporella Aquatic Complex will be offered in multiple, limited capacity sessions.
- Special events in City parks will be offered with signage encouraging face masks and social distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all events.