The Diane Glasser Memorial Scholarship
Commissioner Debra Placko of District 4 has established the Diane Glasser Memorial Scholarship program to honor the dedication, hard work and legacy of Diane Glasser, a former colleague and Tamarac Commissioner.
Ms. Glasser was an exemplary community and public servant in Broward County and the City of Tamarac for over three decades.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must have:
- Lived in the City of Tamarac at least one year and currently reside in District 4. Click here to see if you are in District 4.
- A school transcript verifying a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Verified proof of community service in Broward County.
- Proof of registration for the Summer or Fall of 2021 in an accredited associate degree, bachelor’s degree or vocational program, or a letter of acceptance to a college or vocational school for graduating high school seniors.
- Two letters of recommendation; including one letter from a current or former teacher.
- An original 500-word essay highlighting your educational aspirations, future goals, and why you believe public service is important.
Applications are available online at www.Tamarac.me/Scholarship4. Applications may also be submitted by mail to the City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department, Re: Diane Glasser Memorial Scholarship, Attn: Greg Warner, 6001 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Online and printed applications must be received by May 1, 2021, at 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact Greg Warner, City of Tamarac Parks and Recreation Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 597-3638.